Keira Knightley – Getty Images
After the Lakme Fashion Week Summer/Resort 2014 collection displayed by the designers, the ramps have set the new trends. Spring 2014 has set the dernier cir - from orange lips to purple eyeshadow, it’s time to start practicing applying make up according to these new styles. Here are a few tips for this summer that could make you look like a fashionista.
1. Orange Lips: Orange is the new red this season! Orange can be a tricky colour hence it is advised to choose the right shadee. Shades ranging from neon matt orange to soft satin coral can be chosen depending on your skin colour and cut.
2. Purple Make up: Orchid, lilac and lavender are in this season. The coolest way to tackle the trend is with eyeshadow, but wearing purple lips is also another option you can have.
3. Graphic Eyeliner: This season the liner has gone graphic with straight flicks and angular shapes. This gives the retro heavy liner look a new and modern twist.
4. Tanned Blushes: Beautiful and subtle tans on the cheeks are in. Paint your cheekbones with warm apricot blush or earthen tans to give you a very natural look.
5. Blue Eyes: This trend that started in summer 2013 is still adorned by the designers. Try turquoise blue eyes that give a very party look or an arrestingly attractive dense electric blue.
6. Fake Lashes for Top and Bottom: Who doesn’t love beautiful lashes? Makes your eye bolder and allows it to stand out. It is super sexy! Models on the runway were observed to have lashes both up and down. If you want to try this look then MAC 33 lashes is the product for you.
7. The White Liner: An impressive look that is in is the white eye liner. It is different, fresh and fun. Couple it up with hot pink or matt orange.
8. The Bare Face: The irony is that the biggest trend this season is having little or no make up. As we all don’t have flawless skin, this look is about well conditioned skin. Use lip conditioners, eye creams and clever concealers to get this look.
So, which look are you trying this summer?