New Delhi, September 13: Marking the 10th anniversary of iPhone on September 12, Apple Inc unveiled a plethora of Apple products at the Steve Jobs Theater in Cupertino, California. Apple unveiled three new iPhones, as well as upgrades for the Apple Watch, Apple TV and Airpod wireless headphones on Tuesday. Among the launched products, one of the eye-catching product was the third edition of Apple Watch- ‘The Apple Watch Series 3’. The biggest highlight of Apple Watch 3 is that it comes with built-in cellular connectivity to let users stay connected, make calls; receive texts and more, even if the iPhone is not nearby. The Apple Watch Series 3 is combined with the power of watchOS 4 is the ultimate device for a healthy life.
Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS+Cellular) features a full LTE and UMTS cellular radio that switches seamlessly to cellular when it is away from iPhone. The third-generation Apple Watch is also a health and fitness companion with intelligent coaching features, water resistance 50 metres and a new barometric altimeter that measures relative elevation. As per reports by IANS, the Apple Watch is available in two different case sizes, 38mm and 42mm from September 29 in India.
Jeff Williams, Apple’s Chief Operating Officer, unveiled Apple Watch Series 3 with cellular connectivity built in. The Apple Watch Series 3 will cost Rs 29,900 with cellular connectivity. “We believe the addition of cellular will transform the way people use Apple Watch, providing a new sense of freedom since they can stay connected with or without their iPhone,” said Williams said.
“Beginning Friday, September 15, Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + Cellular) will be available to order in 10 countries and territories, and Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS) will be available to order in 28 countries and territories. Both models are available in stores starting Friday, September 22”, Apple said in its press release. Apple Watch Series 1 is available in silver or space grey aluminium cases paired with a Sport Band starting at Rs 21,900. Apple Watch Nike+ starts at Rs 29,900. “You can keep the same number as your iPhone to make and receive calls. Maps will work on Series 3. The location will switch over to your watch automatically,” Williams told the massive gathering.
Apple Music will come to Apple Watch, allowing people to stream directly 40 million songs. Ask Siri to find your favourite track. Tim Cook says that with 50 per cent year-on-year growth, Apple Watch is the number one watch brand in the world, eclipsing Rolex, with 97 per cent customer satisfaction.
Features and Specifications:
- Apple Watch Series 3 comes in two models, one with GPS and cellular, and one with GPS. Both the variants feature a 70 per cent faster dual-core processor and new wireless chip.
- The Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + Cellular) will be available in gold, silver and space grey aluminium, or silver or space black stainless steel paired with a variety of bands.
- Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS) will be available in gold, silver and space grey aluminium cases with a Sport Band starting at Rs 29,900.
- Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + Cellular) features a full LTE cellular radio that switches seamlessly to cellular when it is away from iPhone.
- The watch shares the same number as iPhone so there’s no need to provide an additional number to family, friends or colleagues.
- Customers have the ability to make cellular calls directly with Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS+Cellular). The antenna design uses the display itself as both a transmitting and receiving element for LTE.