New Delhi, October 6: The much-awaited Reliance JioPhones are out for delivery. According to tweets by Reliance Jio’s Customer Care, the JioPhones will be delivered to customers before Diwali. To a query on Twitter, Jio Care responded giving details of how deliveries are taking place of the Reliance 4G feature handsets. Jio Care mentioned in its tweets saying, “We have started the delivery of JioPhone in a phased manner to avoid inconvenience to our customers. Please be assured that all customers who have done the pre-booking of JioPhone will receive it by Diwali.” “We will send you an SMS informing about the store address and pickup date as soon as it is ready for delivery. The delivery status of your JioPhone order will soon be available on 1800 890 8900”, Jio mentioned in a series of tweets.
The delivery of 6 million Jio Phones kick-started on September 24 and are believed to begin from rural areas and small towns before urban centres. The distribution of 6 million units will be completed in a fortnight, claimed a channel partner of Reliance Jio Infocomm Ltd (RJIL). The pre-booking of JioPhones started on August 24 against payment of a refundable deposit of Rs 500 and the remainder Rs 1,000 has to be paid by the customer when the company starts delivering them in September.
Here’s how to track your JioPhone online:
- Users can track Jio Phone bookings online by using the MyJio app
- Open the MyJio app and tap on the Manage Booking option
- Type your registered phone number and OTP
- The user will then be directed to My Vouchers page. It should show the delivery date and the store where the phone can be picked up from
Jio Phone Order Tracking-Offline
- To track the order offline, users can call Jio customer care number 18008908900 and follow the IVR instructions.
- It should be noted that users have to call from their registered mobile number to track the order
- The registered mobile number will be used by the customer care to track the present order of Jio Phone.
- User will receive an SMS showing details of Jio Phone booking with delivery date and the store details.
In September, a Jio channel partner was quoted by PTI saying that JioPhone users can get early refund of their deposit partially if they recharge their phone with a total value of Rs 1,500 in a year, a Jio channel partner said. Under the new condition set by Jio for the users, handset buyers can get refund of Rs 500 if they return the device in the first year, provided they have made recharge of Rs 1,500 during the year.