New Delhi, July 18: After launching the Nokia 3310 for Rs 3,310 in May 2017, the Finland-based HMD Global launched two new feature phones – the Nokia 130 (2017) and Nokia 105 (2017) in the Indian market on Monday in a bid to expand its portfolio. The Nokia 105 single-SIM variant is priced at Rs 999, while the dual-SIM variant is priced at Rs 1149. The device will be available via offline channels starting July 19. At the moment, price and availability details for the Nokia 130 (2017) have not been announced. The price or release date for the Nokia 130 (2017) has not been announced so far.
Both the newly launched phones namely Nokia 130 and Nokia 105 have a 1.8-inch QVGA display and run the Nokia Series 30+ software platform. It has been reported that both the Nokia 130 (2017) and Nokia 105 (2017) will be made available in dual and single-SIM variants in India. HMD Global claims that this is the first feature phone from the company that is priced under the Rs. 1,000 bracket in India. It further informed that the Nokia 130 (2017) is coming ’soon’ and its price will be announced closer to its availability.
Nokia 105 (2017) Specifications:
- Nokia 105 has also got a new refreshed design just like the Nokia 3310 (2017) and will be available in retail stores in India from July 19 and will be priced at Rs.999 for the single-SIM variant and Rs.1,149 for the dual-SIM variant.
- The phone features a 1.8-inch colour display along with 4MB RAM and includes an internal storage of 4MB and will be available in Blue, White and Black options – each colour with a matte finish.
- The feature phone has an 800mAh battery which is believed to deliver up to 15 hours talk time with a standby time for a month.
- The feature phone runs on Nokia Series 30+ software platform. It also includes FM Radio and comes pre-loaded with games like Snake Xenzia, Doodle Jump and Crossy Road.
- The refreshed Nokia 105 packs an 800mAh removable battery, weighs 73 grams, and its dimensions are 112.0×49.5×14.4mm.
Nokia 130 (2017) Specifications:
- The Nokia 130 feature phone has a 1.8-inch QVGA colour display, along with 4MB RAM.
- The Nokia 130 (2017) will be available in Red, Grey and Black colour options. The redesigned Nokia 130 feature phone comes with entertainment and media-centric features.
- It includes in-built VGA camera and an MP3 player support and has an internal storage of 4MB which can be further expanded up to 32MB via microSD card.
- Backed up by a 1020mAh battery, the phone is believed to deliver 44 hours of FM radio music playback and 11.5 hours of video playback.
- The new Nokia 130 supports Bluetooth connectivity and has a 1020mAh battery. The dimensions of this feature phone are 111.5×48.4×14.2mm.
Apart from this, Nokia has launched the Nokia 5 in Germany where the single SIM version of this Android-powered smartphone is priced at EUR 190 (roughly Rs. 14,023) and the dual SIM Nokia 5 is for EUR 209 (around Rs. 15,425). Meanwhile, a new report stated that the Nokia 8 could launch as soon as July 31. In the last month, Vodafone India had announced its partnership with HMD Global for their newly launched Nokia-Android smartphones. All Nokia smartphone users can avail the offer of additional 4G or 3G Data, the company said in a statement. “We are delighted to partner with HMD Global to roll out this exciting offer that enables our customers to get the most out of their new Nokia smartphone”,” said Sandeep Kataria, Chief Commercial Officer, Vodafone India, in a statement.