A California man has filed a lawsuit against Heineken beer and Kroeger supermarket for loading his beer with geckos. The man who fell sick after consuming Heineken beer said that he found two dead lizards in his beer. He said he fell terribly sick after drinking it. As per reports, George Toubbeh bought 24-ounce cans of Heineken from a Kroger-owned Ralph’s in Fountain Valley on August 7, 2015, in which he found dead lizards. After drinking it, the 49-year-old “suffered from extreme anxiety and post traumatic stress disorder”.  Reportedly the man was rushed to the emergency room at Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and continued to suffer gastrointestinal ailments, anxiety, and trauma due to which he could not attend his work.

According to Metro, his lawsuit reads, “When discovered, the geckos had not been decomposed at all and were likely alive when the beer was poured and sealed into the cans in the bottling and/or canning facility.” However, Heineken rubbished the claim saying there is ‘no merit to this claim’. In a statement to the recorder, spokeswoman Tara Rush said, Heineken USA holds the safety and integrity of the products we import to the highest standards. We have investigated this isolated claim, and based on a number of factors, we confidently believe there is no merit to this claim.” Punjab Railway Employee Drinks Soft Drink Contaminated With Dead Lizard, Hospitalised

John Montevideo, a lawyer acting on behalf of Toubbeh, said the family had brought the can with the geckos inside, to his office after the incident in August 2015. The lawyer who consulted a zoologist said, “We truly believe that he is credible, and we have done the independent investigation to verify what they were and their condition. We feel confident that this is a viable and a real issue.” (Edited by Nithya Nair)