The famous musician, Bob Dylan who was born on the 24th of May, 1941 is credited for reviving the folk music back in 1965. His music was so influential that a number of his songs such as ‘Blowing in the wind’ and “The Times They Are a-Changin'”, went on to become anthems for the US civil rights and anti-war movements. He has sold more than 100 million records worldwide, making him one of the best-selling artists of all time. He has even received numerous awards including Grammy, Golden Globe, and Academy Awards. The Pulitzer Prize jury in 2008 awarded him aspecial citation for “his profound impact on popular music and American culture, marked by lyrical compositions of extraordinary poetic power.” He truly is a gem of a kind. Let’s take a look at some of his most famous quotes:-
10. Don’t matter how much money you got, there’s only two kinds of people: there’s saved people and there’s lost people.
9. A person is a success if they get up in the morning and gets to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do.
8. Money doesn’t talk, it swears.
7. This land is your land and this land is my land, sure, but the world is run by those that never listen to music anyway.
6. I am against nature. I don’t dig nature at all. I think nature is very unnatural. I think the truly natural things are dreams, which nature can’t touch with decay.
5. People seldom do what they believe in. They do what is convenient, then repent.
4. Behind every beautiful thing, there’s been some kind of pain.
3. Take care of all your memories … for you cannot relive them.
2. She knows there’s no success like failure and that failure’s no success at all.
1. Don’t criticize what you can’t understand.