New Delhi Mar 24: The Union Public Service Commission had withdrawn its notification regarding the recruitment of Marketing Officers posts at the Ministry of Agriculture and Family Welfare. Last year, in July, 2017, the Ministry notified about the recruitment into the 28 posts of Marketing Officers to be deputed in the Ministry of Agriculture and Family Welfare, Department of Agriculture, Cooperation & Farmers Welfare, Directorate of Marketing and Inspection.
The official notification in this week’s Employment newspaper states that, The Commission has decided to close the process of recruitment in the above said post. All the other recruitment notified in the same advertisement remained uncancelled
The Union Public Service Commission, under Article 320 of the Constitution of India is required to be consulted on all matters relating to recruitment to civil services. The following are the functions of the Commission under Article 320 of the Constitution of India:
1. To Conduct examinations for appointment to the services of the Union.
2. Direct recruitment by selection through interviews.
3. Appointment of officers on promotion / deputation / absorption.
4. Framing and amendment of Recruitment Rules for various services and posts under the Government.
5. Disciplinary cases relating to different Civil Services.
6. Advising the Government on any matter referred to the Commission by the President of India.