Algeria take on Russia for their last Group H encounter. Algeria stand a chance to qualify from the group stage for the first time in their World Cup history. Russia on the other hand have a huge task if they wish to qualify, they need to win against Algeria and also hope that Belgium beat Korea Republic. Have a look at the Algeria vs Russia match facts:
1) Appearing at their fourth World Cup, Algeria have never reached the second round. They are now second in the group with three points, ahead of Russia and South Korea who have only one point. Belgium have qualified after two straight wins.
2) Russia, who will host the 2018 tournament, are appearing at their first World Cup for 12 years. They did not make it past the group stages in their two previous World Cups, 1994 and 2002.
3) Algeria’s fourth goal against South Korea in their Group H match in Porto Alegre on Sunday made them the highest-scoring African side in a single World Cup match.
4) Until they scored against Belgium in their opening match, Algeria had not netted a World Cup goal for 28 years.
5) Almost 50 years have passed since the pair’s only previous meeting, a 2-2 friendly draw played out in November 1964 when Russia was part of the Soviet Union.
6) This is the first time Algeria amass more than just one point at the World Cup since 1986.
7) Russia are without a win in four World Cup group games (D1 L3).
8) The last eight World Cup goals conceded by Algeria have come after half-time.
9) Russia have kept one clean sheet in their eight World Cup matches since the start of the 1994 tournament.
Follow the Algeria vs Russia news here
Click here to see the FIFA World Cup 2014 Brazil Schedule
For FIFA World Cup 2014 news updates click here