November 29: Late on Monday, Shilpa Shetty Kundra found herself in the midst of an online trend, mocking her book review skills. This was inspired from a short piece published by a popular English daily, in which Shilpa recommended George Orwell’s Animal Farm for kids, to teach them ‘love and care for animals’. Twitter could not get enough of the situation and exploded with a truckload of memes and jokes on Shilpa Shetty. Soon enough, the hashtag #ShilpaShettyReviews was trending.
Twitterverse is now full of such book reviews which totally seem like they could have been written by Shilpa Shetty. ALSO READ: Shilpa Shetty Kundra reacts on Animal Farm trolls; gets defensive on Twitter and Instagram!
Here are 10 best book reviews from the trend #ShilpaShettyReviews:
1. This literally literal review of Grapes of Wrath
Steinbeck must have been truly honoured. Thanks Shilpa!
2. This concise summary of the final Harry Potter book
Harry, the grouchy kid, had a difficult time working on his ‘hallows’.
3. This right-in-the-feels A Farewell to Arms review
…and then Henry Barkley said to Catherine Barkley,”Kathy! In kutto ke saamney matt naachna!”
4. This to-the-point The Kite Runner review
No matter where he is, Sultan always wins!
5. This ‘literally’ classic review of Les Misérables
Jean Val Jean reformed himself and started taking ‘How to be less Miserable’ lessons.
6. This review of another ‘children’s classic’ Sense and Sensibility recommended by Shilpa
It took Elinor and Marianne Dashwood and Colonel Brandon, 400 pages to learn about all the five senses. Must be very slow kids!
7. This legit review of the Hunger Games
So who does Katniss Everdeen observe the fast for? Peeta Mellark or Gale Hawthorne? OMG the suspense is killing me!
8. This Independence Day: Resurgence review seems about right
The Tryst With Destiny speech in the film gave me serious goosebumps bro…
9. This PS: I Love You review which contains spoilers
Such high tech gadgets! Much WOW!
10. And finally, this simply put Fifty Shades of Grey review
Pahlaj Nihalani will not be able to touch this film’s script!
But jokes apart, nobody has any rights to mock Shilpa Shetty, because…