Jodhpur, Oct 12 (PTI) The Rajasthan High Court today sought the state government’s response on a plea which demanded a probe into the killing of dreaded gangster Anand Pal Singh by police alleging that it was a “fake encounter”.
Justice Pankaj Bhandari issued notice to the Rajasthan government asking it submit the reply by October 27 on the petition by Raj Kanwar, wife of the gangster.
The petitioner alleged that the state government had not complied with the guidelines of the Supreme Court in such cases.
Her counsel Govardhan Singh argued in the court that neither an FIR had been registered by the police nor an impartial investigation conducted in the matter.
“We brought to the notice of the court that the police has not obtained any call recording data, tower locations pertaining to the encounter or any CCTV footage from the cameras installed at the toll posts between Haryana and Ratangarh,” Singh said.
Additional Advocate General G Shiv Kumar Vyas said that Kanwar’s plea was already rejected by the lower court after which the petitioner moved the high court.
Earlier, the matter had come before Justice P S Bhati who recused from hearing the petition.
According to police, the gangster, who carried a cash reward of Rs 5 lakh on his head, was killed in an encounter on the night of June 24 at Malasar village in Churu district.
He was on the run after escaping from police custody while being taken back to Ajmer prison from a court in Nagaur district in 2015, it said.
This is published unedited from the PTI feed.