Mumbai, Apr 7 (PTI) Indrani Mukerjea, a former media executive arrested in the murder case of her daughter Sheena Bora, was admitted to J J Hospital, where she was brought in a “semi-conscious” state last night, an official said today.

Mukerjea, 46, who was lodged in Byculla jail in South Mumbai under judicial custody, has been admitted in the Critical Care Unit (CCU) of the state-run hospital.

“She was brought to the hospital in a semi-conscious state around midnight last night. She is currently undergoing treatment in the CCU. Her condition is relatively better now as compared to the state she was brought to the hospital,” S D Nanandkar, dean of J J Hospital, told PTI.

The former co-founder of INX Media, arrested in August 2015, is facing trial in the Sheena Bora murder case in which she is the prime accused.

“She is now stable and we have sent her blood samples for analysis. It is suspected that she consumed some pills, but we are not sure and are examining her,” he added.

Sanjay Surase, medical superintendent of the health facility, said Mukerjea was admitted at around 11.15 pm.

She is under the supervision of Wiqar Shaikh, Surase said.

“Her vitals are stable. She has undergone a series of medical tests, including CT scan and MRI (magnetic resonance imaging), and their reports are awaited,” Surase said.

Mukerjea was admitted to the hospital twice in October 2015. First in early October when she collapsed in the prison. She was again admitted to the hospital in October-end after her platelet levels dropped.

Bora, 24, was abducted and killed on April 24, 2012, over a financial dispute. Her body was disposed of in a forest in adjoining Raigad district, police had said.

Her mother Indrani, Indrani’s former husband Sanjeev Khanna and driver Shyamvar Rai were arrested for the crime.

Rai later became an approver (prosecution witness).

Mukerjea’s current husband Peter Mukerjea, a former media baron, was subsequently arrested for allegedly being a party to the conspiracy.

The murder case was initially handled by the Mumbai Police and later transfered to the CBI.

This is published unedited from the PTI feed.