Kolkata, Apr 2 (PTI) One man has died of electrocution after touching a partially damaged electrical distribution box in the city’s West Port area, police said today.
Prasenjit Mondal, a 22-year-old resident of Malda district, collapsed on the pavement as soon as he came in touch with the switch box, while crossing the Dumayune Avenue, last night, a senior officer said.
Mondal, a temporary labourer, was engaged by the Bridge & Roof Company for the repair work of a swing bridge in the area, he said.
“He was first taken to BNR Central Hospital and then to the SSKM hospital. The doctors at SSKM hospital declared him brought dead. A post-mortem examination of the body will be done today,” he added.
This is published unedited from the PTI feed.