Muzaffarnagar, Apr 2 (PTI) A minor boy was electrocuted after a high tension wire fell on him in Ramnagar village here, while two of his friends who tried to help him were severely injured in the incident.

According to police, Vijay Kumar (12) was playing outside with his friends when he came in contact with the live wire yesterday.

The deceased’s uncle has lodged a complaint against the staff of the electricity department, they said.

The body has been sent for postmortem, police added.

This is published unedited from the PTI feed.