Malkangiri (Odisha) [India], September 15 (ANI): Over 98 school girls were rescued on Friday from a school complex of Odisha’s Malkangiri after they allegedly suffered from food poisoning.
According to reports, school children of Girls Education complex of Badapada High School near COB Badapada suffered food poisoning after eating flattened rice in breakfast. They later started vomiting and fell sick.
On receiving information, officials from nearby Border Security Force camp made efforts to save the children and ferried them using speed boat to Chitrakonda civil hospital.
About 35 girls of the total affected are reportedly critical.
This is not the first incident of food poisoning in Odisha.
On Thursday, over 150 students of four primary schools fell ill after consuming mid-day meal in Odisha’s Kalahandi’s Lanjigarh block.
The affected students were admitted to government hospital at Biswanathpur after they complained of vomiting, loose motion, nausea and stomach pain.
Two girl students of Bandhapari Kasurba Gandhi Vidyalaya were referred to Bhawanipatna government hospital but were later admitted to Burla VSS Medical College and Hospital after their condition turned critical. (ANI)
This is published unedited from the ANI feed.