President praises Indian community in Ethiopia
Addis Ababa, Oct 4 (PTI) President Ram Nath Kovind today hailed the Indian community here for earning respect for their country in Ethiopia by contributing in nation building and creating ...
- 05 Oct, 03:06 pm Raj Thackeray asks the media to turn their cameras and show how thousands have gathered for the MNS rally.
- 05 Oct, 03:05 pm Raj Thackeray asks people at the rally to observe a 1-minute silence for those who lost their lives in Elphinstone Bridge stampede
- 05 Oct, 03:04 pm This is a silent protest, if things don't improve, the next one is not going to be a silent one. So, beware: Raj Thackeray
- 05 Oct, 03:02 pm You switch off the TV, and he's on the radio with Mann ki Baat: Raj Thackeray takes a dig at PM Modi
- 05 Oct, 03:02 pm I urge all of you to stand up against this government. This government is a liar: Raj Thackeray
- 05 Oct, 02:59 pm People now mute their TV sets as they are fed up of Modi saying the same things again and again. Make in India, Yoga poses, all these are stunts: Raj Thackeray
- 05 Oct, 02:56 pm This govt is bringing the bullet train between Mumbai and Ahmedabad, but the whole country will be made to pay for it: Raj Thackeray
- 05 Oct, 02:55 pm Suresh Prabhu opposed bullet trains, that's why they removed him as Railway Minister: Raj Thackeray
- 05 Oct, 02:53 pm The problems of the Rail infrastructure are not new, they have been going on for years. Will people keep dying like this: Raj Thackeray
- 05 Oct, 02:52 pm PM Modi has been repeating the same things since the past 3 years, the public is fed up now: Raj Thackeray
- 05 Oct, 02:50 pm People voted for you, trusted you and you betrayed them, acchhe din nahi aaenge: Raj Thackeray takes a dig at PM Narendra Modi
- 05 Oct, 02:47 pm People lose their lives, in potholes, on trains and everywhere. What kind of administration is this: Raj Thackeray
- 05 Oct, 02:46 pm The railways have 15 days to improve the infrastructure in Mumbai. If they don't do it, we'll not spare them: Raj Thackeray
- 05 Oct, 02:44 pm Raj Thackeray begins his address at MNS rally in Mumbai
- 05 Oct, 02:34 pm Raj Thackeray is meeting the Western Railway officials at Churchgate
- 05 Oct, 02:29 pm This huge morcha is a notice given by the people to the government: MNS leader Sandeep Deshpande
- 05 Oct, 02:18 pm The MNS Morcha has reached Churchgate station and Raj Thackeray will speak shortly.
- 05 Oct, 02:18 pm Raj Thackeray is set to address the MNS rally shortly.
- 05 Oct, 02:14 pm A temporary stage has been put up by MNS workers for Raj Thackeray to address the rally.
- 05 Oct, 02:13 pm Hundreds of women have also participated in the morcha. They say it is about their safety on local trains.
- 05 Oct, 01:49 pm https://twitter.com/ANI/status/915852156321669120
- 05 Oct, 01:48 pm The MNS is calling it the Santaap Morcha (Anger Rally) and asking people to express their anger against the "poor state of Indian Railways".
- 05 Oct, 01:47 pm MNS chief Raj Thackeray has joined the rally against railways. A huge number of MNS workers have gathered for the rally which will begin from Metro Cinema in Marine Lines.
Addis Ababa, Oct 4 (PTI) President Ram Nath Kovind today hailed the Indian community here for earning respect for their country in Ethiopia by contributing in nation building and creating economic opportunities.
Kovind arrived here in Ethiopia's capital on the second leg of his maiden visit abroad.
His visit is the first by an Indian president to Ethiopia in 45 years after President V V Giri's trip in 1972.
Addressing an Indian community reception, Kovind praised the community for popularising Ayurveda and Yoga.
"The next time you are in Delhi, I invite you to visit Rashtrapati Bhavan. It belongs to Indians all over the world," he said.
According to his official twitter handle, Kovind said "ours is a govt that cares" referring to 'Operation Rahat' for evacuating Indians from war-torn Yemen.
"As teachers you ve helped in nation building in Ethiopia, and as entrepreneurs you ve created economic opportunities here," he said.
"With hard work and dedication, the Indian community has built respect for itself and for our country in the Ethiopian society," he added.
The two nations are expected to review the entire gamut of bilateral relations during the visit.This is published unedited from the PTI feed.Published:Thu, October 05, 2017 1:11am