Jaipur, Apr 17 (PTI) Three persons died after allegedly inhaling toxic gas emanating from a tank in Rajasthan’s Bhilwara district, police said today.

Mukesh Maheshwari (35) had stepped down in the eight-feet deep tank at his house yesterday. When he failed to come out, his wife asked two neighbours Vinod Parashar (22) and Shyam Tailor (40) to check inside the tank.

All three fell unconscious inside the tank, SHO, Pratapnagar Police Station, Navneet Kumar said.

He said the trio was taken to a hospital where doctors declared them brought dead.

Apparently, all three died after inhaling some poisonous gas emanating from the tank. Bodies were handed over to family members after postmortem and the matter was registered under section 174 of the CrPc, he added.

This is published unedited from the PTI feed.