Probe already on in Madhan case, says HC dismissing petitions

Probe already on in Madhan case, says HC dismissing petitions

ZCZC
PRI SRG
.CHENNAI SRG8
HC-MADHAN(LGM1)
Probe already on in Madhan case, says HC dismissing petitions
Chennai, Dec 1 (PTI) Observing that film producer Madhan has been arrested and a probe is already on into his alleged involvement in a multi-crore medical admission scam in which 123 persons were cheated, the Madras High Court today dismissed a bunch of petitions filed in the matter.
A division bench comprising justices M Jaichandren and S Bhaskaran dismissed all the 16 Criminal Original Petitions filed with different prayers, including a CBI probe against Madhan and his associates, who allegedly received more than Rs 70 crore after promising medical seats in SRM group of institutions.
The court, while rejecting the prayer for CBI probe, in its order said Madhan had already been arrested and investigation into the scam was progressing.
Referring to the Rs 75 crore deposited by the SRM group Chairman T R Pachamuthu while securing bail, the bench directed the petitioners to approach the concerned courts with appropriate proof enabling them to get refund of the money.
Madhan was arrested on November 21 from Tiruppur in Tamil Nadu folowing an extensive man-hunt spread over several states, after he went missing in May last leaving a note that he will end his life in Varanasi. PTI CORR RC RT
RBS
12011437
NNNN

PTI