Ahmedabad, September 10: Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) National President Amit Shah on Sunday addressed Gujarat’s youth in Ahmedabad’s Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay Auditorium at the event ‘Yuva Townhall’. Speaking at the event, the BJP president slammed Congress Vice-President Rahul Gandhi and said, under their rule, scams prevailed in ‘Akash, Dharti, Patal’ (Skies, Land, Underground). He said the Congress question BJP’s initiatives, but they themselves have been inadequate in fulfilling their own projects.
Shah spoke to the audience comprising students and professionals, which was followed by a question and answer session (Q&A). Organised by the state BJP unit, Shah talked about the Central government initiatives and listed their achievements. He said that only after the BJP came to power in the state, development took place. This meeting ahead of the Assembly election in 2018 is part of the day long plan, with four events. After addressing the youth, Shah is scheduled to meet the state BJP members and the State BJP Core team. While the first event is held in Ahmedabad, the rest will be held in Gandhinagar.
Things Amit Shah said in his Yuva Townhall Address
- Elaborating on the ‘Akash, Dharti, Patal’ comment, he said corruption prevailed in several sections and majorly in the 2G scam, the Air India row and the Coal scam.
- Shah addressed the youth in Gujarati and talked about BJP’s role in developing Gujarat’s infrastructure, agricultural production. He added, “And then Rahul Gandhi comes to Gujarat and questions what development?”
- He added that under the rule of the Narendra Modi-led Gujarat government there was no corruption and none can allege otherwise.
- Modi has taken charge of the nation and tried to bring in development not just in Gujarat but the whole nation. He also said how Modi set to develop the nation based on the Gujarat-model, he said.
- He said agriculture output under the the BJP multiplied.
- Shah warned the youth about misinformation. He said that the youth is misled by false news spread on social media platforms and might be influenced.
- He said the state is run by the youth and the future depends on them, hence they are the most important section of the population who must make wise decisions.
- He talked anout the government’s new initiatives with StartUp India and Digital India along others which are especially aimed at the development of the youth.
- During the Q&A section, one of the audience questioned that the slogan of BJP is ‘Sabka Saath, Sabka Vikas’, how is the government dealing with atrocities against the Dalits. To this, Shah said, these ‘unfortunate’ incidents have been dealt with by the law and justice will be delivered to the victims. He blamed anti-social elements trying to stain the reputation of the government and law will deal with such elements.
- On being asked that although demonetisation ended corruption in higher levels, how did it end corruption in lower levels, Shah replied with a metaphor saying, “When Ganga will be clean, Gangotri( Ganga’s tributary) will clean up itself .”
- Another member of the audience questioned BJP’s role in the development of the youth in the state, to which Shah responded saying BJP’s development model in Gujarat is inclusive of the youth.
- He said the youth of Gujarat excel in all fields and that is the outcome of the model initiated by his party.
Following this event, Shah will travel to Gandhinagar where he will address his party members in the event named Vistarak at 2 pm, which will be held in the State BJP office in Gandhinagar. The next on his line of scheduled meet is a meeting the BJP core team at 4pm. Herein it is likely he will discuss the upcoming polls, and strategise for it. Finally he will meet up with the Nidhi team at 5 pm.