New Delhi, April 15: A major fire broke out in a slum near Kalindi Kunj Metro Station area in the national capital on Sunday, a news agency ANI reported. One person is injured and 44 temporary Rohingya camps were gutted in the fire. The incident occurred in afternoon. At least 11 fire tenders were rushed to the spot to douse the fire. Police also reached the spot as soon they got information.
Locals also helped fire officials in dousing the fire. Big clouds of smoke were seen coming out from the area. Police are yet to ascertain the reason which caused the fire in the area. Initial reports suggest that short circuit may be the reason behind this fire.
It is reported that around 228 Rohingya refugees reside in the area and police has arranged refreshments like lunch, drinking water and tea for them.
On Saturday, Four persons, including a 3-year-old and a 7-year-old, died after a major fire broke out at a house in Kohat Enclave area. The exact reason due to which the blaze erupted is not clear however, reports said that the incident happened due to a short circuit. Meanwhile, the police have launched an investigation into the matter.