Lucknow, December 1: Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Thursday took on Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s demonetisation drive at a rally in poll-bound Uttar Pradesh’s Meerut district.
The Delhi chief minister and his deputy Manish Sisodia addressed a public rally on the inconveniences faced by people following the demonetisation drive by the Central Government. The rally was organised by the local wing of Aam Aadmi Party (AAP).
The Aam Admi founder has been critical of the demonetisation of Rs 1000 and Rs 500 notes that was announced by the PM on November 8, 2016. A week ago he had protested against the decision near RBI in Delhi.
Here are 10 things Arvind Kejriwal said at the Meerut rally:
- I would rather speak with full responsibility otherwise ‘they’ will file another case on me. There are already 24 cases against me.
- The demonetisation drive is independent India’s biggest scam amounting to Rs. 8 lakh crore.
- Mukesh Ambani has been praising the demonetisation drive but the farmers on the other hand are dying of heart attack.
- Uttar Pradesh gave 73 seats to Narendra Modi, but he, instead, took away the money of the common people.
- Modi sees only the black money owned by common man, not the black money owned by Ambani and Adani.
- Vijay Mallya ran away with 8000 crores, and only 3 days back he (Narendra Modi) forgave Mallya’s 1200 crore loan. Why is he (Modi) being so merciful towards Vijay Mallya?
- At first, BJP bought land across the country with their black money, then they informed their friends about it and gave them time to take care of it and then finally made the national announcement.
- The Government is taking the money from people to fill the deficit created by willful defaulters.
- 648 people have their accounts in Swiss bank, but for black money, nothing has been done on this list.
- Even Congress was involved in scams, Coalgate, 2G scam but Modi has done this 8 lakh crore scam in just two and a half year.