New Delhi, April 10: A statewide shutdown called in Karnataka by Pro-Kannada outfits on April 12 over formation of the Cauvery Management Board (CMB) has been postponed in the the backdrop of the Supreme Court (SC) directions. Kannada Okkoota leader Vatal Nagaraj who was leading the protest confirmed the development, saying,”The bandh which was planned for April 12 has been postponed. The Supreme Court has neither asked the Centre to form or not form the Cauvery Management Board (CMB). As the court has asked the Centre and the states to come out with their plans on May 3, we have decided to postpone our agitation till then. We will continue it after May 3.”

However, Nagaraj has reportedly urged film exhibitors and distributors to ban movies of Rajinikanth and Kamal Haasan. Hitting out at both the superstars, Nagaraj told Times of India,”They are starting their own political parties there and are trying to politicise the Cauvery issue to gain traction.”

“Both of them owe a lot of their success to Karnataka and should not indulge in what they are doing. Therefore, we’ve decided to not allow screening of their movies here and are confident that the industry will support us,” he added.

Earlier on April 5, the Karnataka bandh was announced by Kannada Chaluvali Vatal Paksha leader Vatal Nagaraj during a protest near Attibele on Karnataka-Tamil Nadu border to press the Centre not to yield to pressure from Tamil leaders on CMB.

Meanwhile, the Supreme Court yesterday asked the Centre to formulate and file the draft Cauvery management scheme before it by May 3 and directed the authorities of Tamil Nadu, Karnataka and other stakeholders to ensure peace in the meantime. A bench headed by Chief Justice Dipak Misra said it had considered the award of Cauvery Water Disputes Tribunal (CWDT) while deciding the water share of Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Kerala and Puducherry in its judgement.