New Delhi, Jan 11: Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi on Wednesday launched a scathing attack on Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s demonetisation drive at Jan Vedna Sammelan in New Delhi. Rahul highlighted the pains and sufferings of the common man post demonetisation and also highlighted the anti-people policies of the government. He said, “We do not need to explain what we did or didn’t do for last 70 years. BJP under PM Modi has done in 2 1/2 years what we couldn’t do”. He further added saying automobiles sale has dropped by 60% and India has gone back 16 years.
Former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, senior party leaders, members of the Congress Working Committee and state leaders were present at the convention. Congress president Sonia Gandhi was not present at the Jan Vedna Sammelan.
When asked about Sonia’s absence at the convention, Congress spokesperson Shaktisinh Gohil said Rahul Gandhi has led the agitation against demonetisation and therefore he’ll preside over the Jan Vedna Sammelan. “We have got a leadership in Rahul, who is not mad for power. We have a system. Tomorrow’s (Wednesday) Jan Vedna Sammelan has been called to raise the issues of the people,” he added.
Here are key points of Rahul Gandhi’s speech:
- The BJP at the Centre has weakened every institution. This is the first time in history that the Prime Minister of India is being ridiculed
- Prime Minisrter Narendra Modi must ask why has the demand for MNREGA suddenly surged, why are people migrating for villages instead of cities?
- Jo humne 70 saal me institutions, judiciary, RBI, press ki respect ki. Ye sab kaam Modi ji, RSS ne 2.5 saal mein band kar diya.
- ‘Acche din’ are only going to come when Congress party is going to come in power in 2019
- 2.5 saal pehle Modi ji aaye kaha Hindustan ko saaf kardunga, sabko jhaadu pakdaya. Fashion tha, 3-4 din chala phir bhool gaye.
- Our friends in the media are under constraints. They come to me & say they want to say some thing but can’t.
- Demonetisation ek bahana hai, Modi ji ko pata lag rha hai ki yoga, Skill India, Make in India ke piche nahi chup payenge.
- Automobiles sector mein 60% kamm gaadiyan biki hain, 16 saal pehle ki sthiti mein hum pahunch gaye hain.
- Prime Minister needs to spend sometime with the poor, farmers of the country and ask them why suddenly people are running to villages?