New Delhi, Sep 17: The current Prime Minister of India Narendra Damodardas Modi was born on September 17, 1950. Today, he celebrates his 67th birthday. The Centre will observe this day as ‘Seva Divas’ (Day of Service) to celebrate PM Modi’s 67th birthday. The day will celebrate the day with activities including building pit toilets, voluntary work, among others.
In other reports, Prakaash Gurjar, a BJP Yuva Morcha worker in Gujarat, has been distributing pamphlets, named ‘Sankalp Patr’, urging people to take a pledge that they will not criticise the administration – the administration which is “formed of the people, by the people and for the people”.
On PM Narendra Modi’s 67th birthday, we have gathered some amazing facts that you all should know. Check these out.
- Narendra Modi was born to Damodardas Mulchand Modi and Hiraben Modi on September 17, 1950 in Vadnagar, Gujarat.
- As a child, Narendra used to assist his father sell tea at Vadnagar railway station and later ran a tea stall with his brother.
- Modi completed high school in 1967. His teachers used to describe him as an average student, a debater with an interest in theatre.
- At the age of eight, Modi had started attending the lectures of the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS).
- In 1978, Narendra Modi completed his Bachelor of Arts degree in political science from University of Delhi. In 1982, he earned a Master’s degree from Gujarat University.
- Modi took a three-month course on Image Management and Public Relations in the United States.
- In 1987, Modi organised BJP’s campaigns during Ahmedabad municipal elections. It is believed that Modi planning was the reason for BJP’s win in the municipal elections. Modi had joined BJP in 1985.
- Narendra Modi is called a lucky charm to BJP.
- Modi is a follower of the ideologies of great saint Swami Vivekananda. Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel is one of Modi’s idols.
- Modi wanted to become a sanyasi as a child. He even travelled from one place to other and wandered in the Himalayas.
- Modi has written a set of poems and books.
- In 2016, Madame Tussaud Wax Museum unveiled a wax statue of Modi.
- Modi is very particular about cleanliness.
- Narendra Modi doesn’t take leaves.
- Modi sleeps late and wakes at around 5-5:30 in the morning.
- In November 2014, Forbes Magazine ranked him 15th in the list of most powerful people.
- In December 2014, Modi was ranked the Person of the Year in an annual poll by Time magazine.
- In 2014, 2015 and 2017, he was named one of Time magazine’s 100 Most Influential People in the World.
- Narendra Modi is the first ever Prime Minister to be born in the Independent India.
Modi is the 14th Prime Minister of India and is serving office since May 2014. He was the Chief Minister of Gujarat from 2001 to 2014, and is the Member of Parliament for Varanasi.