New Delhi, Sept 17: Prime Minister Narendra Modi celebrates his 67th birthday on Sunday. On the occasion, he paid a visit to his mother Hiraba, who on the outskirts of Gandhinagar. The PM will then head out to the inauguration site of Sardar Sarovar Dam where he will dedicate the project to the nation. From the Narmada dam site at Kevadia, the Prime Minister will travel to Sadhu Bet, where the Statue of Unity, an iconic statue and associated memorial complex for Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, is currently under construction. (ALSO READ – Narendra Modi Turns 67: PM Showered With Birthday Wishes Across Globe)
At the Narmada Dam site, the PM is expected to perform a brief puja following which its 30 gates, that were closed on the directions of the Narmada Control Authority on June 17, will be opened.
Meanwhile, on the occasion of PM Modi’s birthday, the BJP-led government, across the country, will observe ‘Seva Diwas’ (Day of Service) and carry out a range of activities including building twin pit toilets, ‘Shramdaan’ or voluntary work, and sanitation drives.
Here’s how PM Narendra Modi will celebrate his birthday
- On his 67th birthday, the Prime Minister, like last year, headed to Gujarat where he paid a visit to his mother Hiraba in Gandhinagar and sought her blessings.
- Modi will then travel to the site of Sardar Sarovar Dam, perform a puja and will throw open the 30 gates of the project. “Tomorrow Sardar Sarovar Dam will be dedicated to the nation. This project will benefit lakhs of farmers and help fulfil people’s aspirations,” Modi tweeted on Saturday. The foundation stone of the Narmada Dam Project was laid 56 years ago by India’s first prime minister Jawaharlal Nehru.
- After the inauguration of Narmada Dam at Kevadia, Modi will go to Sadhu Bet, an island in the Narmada river where a 182-metre tall statue of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, called ‘Statue of Unity’. Here, PM will overview the work progress of the project that comprises a 182-metre tall statue, an exhibition hall, a memorial garden, and a visitor centre.
- Later in the day, PM Modi will attend the closing ceremony of the Narmada Mahotsav at Dabhoi where he is scheduled to address a gathering as well. During the event, he will also lay the foundation stone for the National Tribal Freedom Fighters’ Museum.
- Modi will then visit Amreli in Saurashtra where he will inaugurate a new market yard of APMC, new plants of Amar Dairy and lay the foundation stone of a honey production centre. Post that, he will address a Sahakar Sammelan at Amreli.“Looking forward to addressing a gathering of cooperatives, Sahakar Samemelan in Amreli tomorrow,” the PM had tweeted.
This will be Prime Minister’s second visit to Gujarat in less than a week. The state is slated to go to polls by year-end. A few days back, the PM had hosted Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe in Gujarat. The duo held a 8-km roadshow in Ahmedabad and even laid the foundation of the Bullet train project.