New Delhi: Within hours of taking over as the 21st Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh Yogi Adityanath, a hardliner Hindutva icon took many decisions, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) had promised in its election manifesto. In his first press conference as the chief minister of country’s most populous state, CM Yogi Adityanath had said that his government will leave no stone unturned to fulfil the promises made by his party to the people of the state.
The newly-appointed chief minister will also meet PM Modi in Parliament on Tuesday. It will be their first meeting after the former took over as Chief Minister on March 19.
Take a look at the initial steps taken by CM Yogi within 48 hours:
- Sankalp Patra: During a meeting at Lok Bhawan, the five time Gorakhpur MP and Uttar Pradesh chief minister asked officials to read the BJP’s ‘Sankalp Patra’ (manifesto) properly and implement it soon. He has asked them to submit their proposals for the successful implementation of the various programmes.
- Swachchta Shapath: Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath directed the senior bureaucrats in the government to take a pledge of cleanliness termed as Swachchta Shapath, to implement the Swach Bharat Abhiyan effectively across the state. The pledge ensures that IAS officers would give a minimum of 100 hours every year to the cause of cleanliness in the state.
- No red beacons: To eradicate VVIP culture, Yogi Adityanath had issued orders that no minister in Uttar Pradesh government would don red beacon lights on their official cars. The decision was taken at the first cabinet meet of the new government in Lucknow.
- Asset details in a fortnight: The newly-appointed chief minister asked all his ministers to provide details of their income, moveable and immoveable assets within a fortnight (15 days). Leading news agency PTI quoted state minister and party’s national spokesperson Srikant Sharma saying, “As uprooting corruption is the main agenda of our party, the CM in his first introductory meeting with his ministers directed them to give details of their income, moveable and immoveable properties with 15 days to the (party) organisation as well as the secretary (to CM).”
- Avoid brash talks: Yogi Adityanath who is known for making controversial statements against minorities addressed Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) workers and strictly advised them not to make any insensitive or thoughtless comments.
- Sabka Sath, Sabka Vikas: Yogi Adityanath vowed to pursue the agenda of ‘sabka sath, sabka vikas’. “We would ensure development for all, without any sort of discrimination on lines of caste, creed or religion, ” Yogi Adityanath told media persons in his first PC.
- Blueprint within 15 days in BSP leader murder: Raising concerns over the killing of a BSP leader, the chief minister asked the top officials to look into the matter and submit a blueprint on better policing in the state within 15 days. 60-year-old BSP leader Mohd Shami was last night gunned down by assailants close to his residence in Mauaima police station area, 40 km from Allahabad.
- Law and order: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath on Monday directed DGP Javeed Ahmed to ensure that there was no laxity in improving law and order situation. As per the reports of news agency PTI, the UP DGP has been asked to hold a video conference with the district magistrates and the superintendents of police of all the 75 districts of the state to take stock of law and order situation and other administrative issues, said the offical sources.
(With inputs from agencies)