New Delhi. September 12: Congress Vice-President Rahul Gandhi on Tuesday addressed a gathering at UC Berkeley. In a question-and-answer session, the candid leader didn’t mince any words criticising Modi. He also spoke about dynasty politics and online trolling.
Rahul Gandhi said that there was a campaign against him on social media. He alleged that the ‘operation’ is being run by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. Here are the top quotes.
- “Idea of non-violence or ahimsa is what has allowed this mass of people(India) to rise together.”
- “As Indira Gandhi was asked whether India will switch ‘Left or Right’. She said it will stand straight and tall.”
- “Decisions like demonetisation were taken without asking Chief Economic Advisor and Parliament. They caused tremendous damage.”
- “I lost my father, my grandmother to violence; if I don’t understand violence then who will?”
- “Around 2012, arrogance crept into Congress party and we stopped having conversations with people: Rahul Gandhi.”
- “Core constituency of right wing leaders are those who cannot get a job.”
- “Most of the country runs like this, so don’t go after me, Akhilesh Yadav is a dynast, Mr Stalin is a dynast, Mr Dhumal’s son is a dynast.”
- “Mr.Modi clamped down on RTI. He shut it down.We got in trouble as we dramatically increased transparency.”
- “There is a BJP machine, about 1000 guys sitting on computers and telling you about me: Rahul Gandhi on the question of being a reluctant politician.
- “PDP was instrumental in bringing youngsters in politics, but the day PM Modi made an alliance with PDP, he destroyed them(PDP).”
- “Modi has certain skills, he is a very good communicator, much better than me.”
- “What I sense is he doesn’t converse with ppl he works with, even members of Parliament and BJP tell me that.”