Chittorgarh (Rajasthan), Apr 12: At least one died and five fell sick allegedly after consuming a mid-day meal in Chittorgarh city of Rajasthan, news agency ANI reported. The children have been taken to a hospital where they are being treated. It is not known if all the students are out of danger. More details are awaited in the incident.

Last week, at least 25 students of Step by Step school in Noida sector 132 fell sick after eating breakfast. The students allegedly took ill due to food poisoning. Soon after eating breakfast of ajwain parantha and lassi, several students complained of stomach ache and vomited.

While many were treated inside the school, seven of them had to be hospitalised in Delhi and Noida. A spokesperson for Jaypee Hospital said that the five students, who were admitted and treated for food poisoning, were out of danger and had been taken home by their parents.

“Many kids were treated inside the school campus by a team of doctors. We have not been able to contact the school administration but we have visited the premises of the canteen and collected the oil and ajwain used to make paranthas,” a food inspector as quoted as saying by Hindustan Times.

BN Singh, district magistrate, GB Nagar, said that food samples have been taken from the canteen for testing and a report will be out soon. “We are trying to contact the school administration as of now. Strict action will be taken against the school if found that they had deterred the food inspection team from doing their duty,” he said.