New Delhi, Apr 11: WhatsApp, the popular instant messaging application, is looking for a suitable candidate to head its India operations. As per the WhatsApp job alert, this is a full-time position based with the WhatsApp partnerships team in Mumbai. The selected candidate will report to WhatsApp’s Chief Operating Officer in California. The Facebook-owned company has released detailed about job profile and minimum qualifications required for the position.
“You should be equally comfortable working with product and engineering leaders as you are building relationships and negotiating with partners. You should also expect to handle day-to-day operations to support your team’s efforts with key partners in market, develop and execute on strategic partner initiatives and build relationships with other key constituents in market and within Facebook,” a job alert issued by WhatsApp reads.
Minimum Qualification For WhatsApp India Head Post
- Heavy user of WhatsApps products
- 15+ years of experience in Product driven companies 5+ years of experience with payment technologies in India
- Proven ability to build relationships with key external and internal stakeholders and business leaders
- Proven track record of initiating and successfully driving new business opportunities at a global scale
- Experience working in start-up environments
- Business development experience negotiating complex deals a plus
- Excellent project management experience, with the ability to lead and execute multiple time-sensitive projects
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, and the ability to clarify and summarize complex issues
- B.S. or M.S in Engineering/Sciences/Business
How to Apply?
- Visit WhatsApp’s official website – whatsapp.com
- Click on ‘Career’
- Scroll down little and click on ‘Head of India, WhatsApp’
- This will lead you to another page which has details of job profile and minimum qualifications
- Scroll down more and click on ‘Apply’
- Simply, click here to apply
- Deeply understand and regularly influence product direction and specific product decisions
- Represent WhatsApp’s product strategy in country and drive alignment with partners and stakeholders
- Lead partnership efforts in market, acting as a cross functional leader across WhatsApp and Facebook teams.
- Build relationships with key partner, and other constituents at senior levels
- Represent WhatsApp generally in country as needed
The senior position requires product experience as well as a track record of success leading partnerships and business development in India. The popular messaging platform, which was acquired by Facebook in 2014, has one billion users globally and is one of the most popular mediums of instant messaging in India.