New Delhi, December 1: Foreign Ministry official on Thursday evening confirmed that there will be no bilateral talks between India and Pakistan until and unless cross-border terrorism is stopped by Pakistan. Ministry of External Affairs official spokesperson Vikas Swarup addressed media, two days after Nargota terror attack in Jammu and Kasmir in which seven army men died. Vikas Swarup said , “We will never accept continued cross-border terrorism as the new normal, stop cross-border terror and then we can talk.”

While criticising Pakistan, Swarup further added, “We have only seen one side of the conversation, so will reserve our judgement.”

On bilateral talks with Pakistan Swarup said that India has not got any request for a bilateral talk with Pakistan. “We are always in favour of talks but not in the atmosphere of terror”.

On the Nagrota terror attack, MEA official said, “Waiting for certain details before deciding on the next step. Government of India has taken the Nagrota attack seriously and will do what it feels is required for our national security.”

Vikas Swarup also commented on SAARC meeting that was cancelled after Uri attacks, and said, “It was not India which scuttled SAARC process, unanimous members wrote to chair Nepal that atmosphere not conducive.”

After Uri attack, bilateral talks between India and Pakistan came to a halt, after which Pakistan called for an international inquiry. Swarup said, “We informed Pakistan, that we are happy even with their domestic inquiry, we gave them DNA, fingerprints. So why can’t Pakistan match this with its national database? That would be the simplest thing to do,but Pak instead indulges in propaganda.”

On the change of Pakistan’s Army Chief, as General Qamar Javed Bajwa has replaced General Raheel Sharif, Swarup said, “Change of Army Chief is an internal matter of Pakistan, but we will judge Pak by its behaviour and its track record”.

The briefing by MEA comes nearly 48 hours after there were two terror attacks in Jammu area in which seven army personnel and eight other security men were injured. The six heavily-armed terrorists were later eliminated in separate fierce encounters.