Munster, Apr 7: Three persons were reportedly killed and over 30 are feared injured as a car drove into the crowd in Munster in Western German state of North Rhine-Westphalia on Saturday. According to reports, the driver of the car has killed himself. He was ‘psychologically disturbed’.

A state minister has reportedly claimed that there is no indication of Islamist attack in deadly German vehicle incident. Earlier in the day, a security source was quoted as claiming in a report that “the scenario is such that an attack cannot be ruled out”.

The DPA news agency said a car had hit bystanders in the western city. Police confirmed there had been casualties but did not immediately say what happened, reports PTI. Adding further, it said informed that the car rammed into people sitting in front of the famous Kiepenkerl bar in the city. Meanwhile, the police have urged people to avoid “speculation” about the incident.

“At 15:27 (1327 GMT), a vehicle drove into the outside area of the restaurant … three people were killed, 20 injured, and six of those seriously injured,” a police spokesman has been quoted as saying in a report. He added that the perpetrator killed himself in the vehicle.

The identity of the car driver has not been ascertained as of yet. However, several media reports have claimed he was a German in his late 40s and is believed to have no known links to “terrorism”.

Police have recovered a suspicious object from inside the vehicle and are still examining what kind of an object it is and whether it’s dangerous.

Earlier, the German police took to Twitter to inform about the incident. “Some people have died and some have been injured,” it wrote on Twitter in German language.

Meanwhile, the police officials and first responders are on the spot. The public has been asked to remain away from the area. No terrorist organisation has taken the responsibility for the incident.

Munster is approximately 300 miles west of Berlin in the North Rhine-Westphalia region of Germany.

The incident came one year after five people were killed in a truck attack in Stockholm.

It has also evoked memories of a December 2016 truck attack in Berlin that killed 12 people. The attacker, Tunisian asylum seeker Anis Amri, had hijacked a truck and murdered its Polish driver before killing another 11 people. He was shot dead by Italian police in Milan four days later.