London, September 16: Dreaded terror group ISIS (Islamic State) on Friday claimed responsibility for the Improvised Explosive Device (IED) blast on the London Underground at Parsons Green.

ISIS’s propaganda page Amaq said, “A security source to Amaq: The bombing of the IED in the London tube was carried out by a unit affiliated with the Islamic State.”

The explosion, which caused a fireball, resulted in at least 29 people suffering burn injuries. But doctors claimed that none of the injured had any life-threatening injury. The IED used in the blast was equipped with a timer and was placed in a bucket.

Following the terror strike, the threat level across UK has been raised to ‘critical’, which means another attack could be imminent.

British Prime Minister Theresa had earlier said the threat level will remain at severe, which means an attack was highly likely, but that was revised by this evening as security forces continue their hunt for a suspected “bucket bomber”.

“The threat level remains at severe. That means that a terrorist attack is highly likely. But this will be kept under review as the investigation progresses,” May said after chairing a meeting of the emergency COBRA committee at Downing Street.

“The public should go about their daily lives but remain vigilant. People who are travelling in London will see an increased armed police presence on the transport network and security will be increased,” she said.

May said the threat of terrorism is “severe” but it can be defeated by working together.

“We do need to ensure that we are dealing with, not just the terrorist threat but with the extremism and the hate that can actually incite that terrorism.

“That is why we are looking very carefully at the powers that our police and security service have to make sure they have the powers they need. But it is also why we are working with the internet companies,” the prime minister said.

Scotland Yard said its inquiries into the terror incident remains ongoing and called on the public to remain vigilant.

Assistant Commissioner Mark Rowley, head of national counter-terrorism policing said: “There are many urgent inquiries ongoing with hundreds of detectives involved, looking at CCTV, carrying out forensic work and speaking to witnesses”.

(With inputs from PTI)