California, Apr 4: Google CEO Sundar Pichai on Wednesday condemned the shooting incident at YouTube headquarters at San Bruno in California and said that he was focused on supporting employees and the families of those injured. “There are no words to describe the tragedy that occurred today. Susan Wojcicki and I are focused on supporting our employees and the YouTube community through this difficult time together. Thank you to the police & first responders for their efforts, and to all for msgs of support,” Pichai tweeted.

Pichai also issued a statement to his employees assuring them of all the required support. “I know a lot of you are in shock right now. Over the coming days, we will continue to provide support to help everyone in our Google family heal from this unimaginable tragedy,” he said in his statement.

Here is the full text of Sundar Pichai’s statement to his employees on the YouTube HQ shooting:

“Everyone,

Earlier this afternoon, while our employees were having lunch, we received reports of an active shooter at YouTube in San Bruno. Law enforcement and our Security team worked to evacuate the buildings and prioritize the safety of everyone there.

The best information we have is that the situation is contained. We are very actively monitoring and working with local authorities and hospitals. It’s with great sadness that I tell you — based on the latest information — four people were injured in this horrific act of violence. We’re doing everything we can to support them and their families at this time.

I’m grateful to everyone inside and outside the company for the outpouring of support and best wishes. I am especially thankful to the first responders and our own security team who acted so quickly to keep people safe.

I know a lot of you are in shock right now. Over the coming days, we will continue to provide support to help everyone in our Google family heal from this unimaginable tragedy.

Let’s everyone come together now to support Susan and the YouTube team.

—Sundar”

At least three people were injured in the shooting at YouTube headquarters this afternoon. The female suspect, who barged into the YouTube headquarters and opened fire indiscriminately, was later found dead with what appeared like a self-inflicting gunshot. The accused woman apparently killed herself, San Bruno Police Chief Ed Barberini said at a press conference.