Sara Ali Khan and Sushant Singh Rajput had collaborated for Abhishek Kapoor’s Kedarnath based on the flash floods of 2013 in Uttarakhand. While the film went on floors in September last year and was to release on December 21, 2018 alongside Shah Rukh Khan’s Zero, according to the latest reports, the film will release early next year. The shoot of the film had stopped after wrapping the first schedule in Uttarakhand. But the shoot will resume this month after a change of hands. The film will be now produced by Ronnie Screwvala.
According to a report in Mumbai Mirror, “When Ronnie saw footage from Kedarnath, he loved it and has decided to back the film. He has paid Bhushan and Prernaa around Rs 14 crore and Ekta approximately Rs 8 crore for their investment in the film and has now completely taken over the film along with Abhishek. Everything was settled amicably and Abhishek can’t wait to start shooting again.” Ronnie confirmed this development to the tabloid and said, “Kedarnath is a great love story set against the backdrop of the powerful true-life event that affected us all during the floods in 2013. It completely matches my vision of great stories that need to be told and I can’t wait to bring this story to the audiences early next year.”
The film got delayed first because the film was going over budget. Later reports suggested that there were creative differences between Sushant and Abhishek Kapoor. However, with Ronnie on board, the second schedule of the film is all set to begin. Kapoor is elated with this development as he told the tabloid, “I feel invigorated that he has stepped in and reinforced his faith in me. Just being in the same room with Ronnie is a privilege, making a movie with him is an honour.”