Johannesburg, Apr 29: World No.1 Serena Williams has held on to her top position in the latest women’s tennis rankings issued by the WTA.
The American 17-time Grand Slam champion dominates the standings with 12, 375 points, followed by Chinese ace Li Na at the second spot with 7265 points.
Meanwhile, Sport24 reports that Serbian Jelena Jankovic moved up to a place to seventh with Germany’s Angelique Kerber dropping down to eighth, while the highest ranked South African is Chanelle Scheepers, who dropped eight spots to No 80.
WTA top 10 as of April 28:
1. Serena Williams (United States) 12,375 points
2. Li Na (China) 7,265
3. Agnieszka Radwanska (Poland) 5,980
4. Victoria Azarenka (Belarus) 5,441
5. Simona Halep (Romania) 4,695
6. Petra Kvitova (Czech Republic) 4,295
7. Jelena Jankovic (Serbia) 4,070
8. Angelique Kerber (Germany) 4,010
9. Maria Sharapova (Russia) 3,961
10. Dominika Cibulkova (Slovakia) 3,830