Kings XI Punjab are atop the table with four wins out of four matches while Royal Challengers Bangalore are placed at number five with two wins out of four matches. As both teams will battle it out in the only match of the day later in the evening, we take a look at some trivia involving the two teams
2) Six out of seven KXIP’s wins have come while chasing the target.
3) KXIP’s highest team total in IPL has come against RCB. KXIP scored 232/2 in 2011 season.
4) Both teams have twice gone past 200 run total against each other.
5) Adam Gilchrist and David Miller are the two batsmen who have scored centuries for KXIP vs. RCB. Miller’s century came off just 38 deliveries, which is the 2nd fastest ton in IPL history.
6) Three Kings XI bowlers have taken four wickets in an innings against RCB. South African pacer Yusuf Abdullah twice, while Piyush Chawla and Parvinder Awana once. Awana is the only of these bowlers who is part of current KXIP squad.
7) Largest victory in terms of runs for Kings XI Punjab has come against Royal Challengers Bangalore. In 2011 KXIP defeated RCB by 111 runs.
8) RCB’s 205/6 in 2011 is their highest team total against KXIP. Their third highest overall in IPL.
9) Chris Gayle is the only RCB batsman to have hit century against KXIP. His 107 remains highest score by a batsman in KXIP-RCB matches.
10) S Aravind’s 4-14 is the best bowling performance by a RCB bowler against KXIP while Gayle’s 3-21 remains second best.
Kings XI Punjab have won all the previous three matches against Royal Challengers Bangalore.