Yet undefeated in this edition of 2014, Royal Challengers Bangalore face the challenging Kolkata Knight Riders who have lost their match against Delhi Daredevils. As Kolkata Knight Riders and Royal Challengers Bangalore face-off tonight in game number 11 of IPL 7 at Sharjah Cricket Stadium, we bring to you some trivia involving the two teams.
1. Royal Challengers Bangalore and Kolkata Knight Riders have met 12 times, with each team winning on six occasions.
2. In 12 matches between RCB and KKR, team batting second has won eight times.
3. RCB has never won a game against KKR batting first, all their six wins have come while chasing.
4. KKR openers Jacques Kallis and Gautam Gambhir share the record of most number of ducks with Amit Mishra, all have been dismissed on zero nine times.
5. 222/3 is the highest total between two sides registered by KKR in the opening game of inaugural edition in 2008. In the same game RCB was dismissed for 82, which remains the lowest score between the two.
6. Chris Gayle is the only RCB batsman who has scored hundred against KKR, he scored unbeaten 102 in 2011.
7. Three KKR bowlers have taken four wickets in an innings against RCB. Sunil Narine, the current member of the squad is one of the bowlers while L. Balaji and Angelo Mathews who are not part of the team now are the other two.
8. Vinay Kumar’s 3/23 in 2010 is the best bowling figures for RCB vs. KKR. Kumar now plays for Kolkata Knight Riders.
Last time these two teams met was in 2013 edition at Ranchi. KKR restricted RCB to 115/9 in 20 overs after winning the toss and chased the target with five wickets in hand.