After playing hard ball in the first round of the much coveted Wimbledon Championship, the second round of tournament commences on Wednesday. The Day 3 of the championship will see the return of heavyweights like Novak Djokovic, Andy Murray, and Tomas Berdych on the lush green courts. Whereas the women’s category will see Victoria Azarenka, Venus Williams, and Li Na fighting it out to advance in the next round of the All-England Club tournament.
After winning in their first round games, the top seeds will make sure that they don’t become the news of the day by crashing out of the championship. Upsets in big tournaments like Wimbledon are not something new, so as to sail in the third round, complacency will have to take a back seat.
Day 3 will also mark the beginning of First Round of Men’s & Women’s Doubles in the tournament. Women players like Williams Sisters, Martina Hingis, Sania Mirza, and the third seed duo of Daniel Nestor and Nenad Zimonjic in Men’s category are some of the big-name players who’ll begin their duels in Double’s category.
Take a look at some of the important matches scheduled for Day 3:
Men’s Singles Second Round
1.  Novak Djokovic (SRB) vs. Radek Stepanek (CZE) 5:30 pm
2.  Andy Murray (GBR) vs. Blaz Rola (SLO) 5:30 pm
3.  Tomas Berdych (CZE) vs. Bernard Tomic (AUS) 5:30 pm
4.  David Ferrer (ESP) vs. Andrey Kuznetsov (RUS) 4:00 pm
5.  Jo-Wilfried Tsonga (FRA) vs. Sam Querrey (USA) 4:00 pm
Ladies’ Singles Second Round
1.  Petra Kvitova (CZE) vs. Mona Barthel (GER) 5:30 pm
2.  Li Na (CHN) vs. Yvonne Meusburger (AUT) 4:00 pm
3.  Venus Williams (USA) vs. Kurumi Nara (JPN) 4:00 pm
4.  Victoria Azarenka (BLR) vs. Bojana Jovanovski (SRB) 4:00 pm
Ladies’ Doubles First Round
1.  Serena Williams, Venus Williams (USA) vs. Oksana Kalashnikova (GEO), Olga Savchuk (UKR) – 4:00 pm
2.  Sania Mirza (IND), Cara Black (ZIM) vs. Martina Hingis (SUI), Vera Zvonareva (RUS) – Time to be declared
Men’s Doubles First Round
1.  Daniel Nestor (CAN), Nenad Zimonjic (SRB) vs. Paolo Lorenzi, Andreas Seppi (ITA) – 4:00 pm