Mukesh Ambani helmed Reliance Jio finally announced the extension of their Reliance Jio Welcome offer yesterday and launched the new Reliance Jio Happy New Year offer. Under the new Happy New Year scheme, most of the offerings stay the same and the scheme is only an extension of the Original Welcome Offer. The new offer was much expected and it was assumed that Mukesh Ambani would soon announce the new offer as there had been a lot of rumours around the same. Also, the poor network and the call drop issues had led to a lot of consumer complaints where users had constantly compared the Reliance Jio 4G network to other networks existing in the country and reports had suggested that Reliance Jio would not charge users till the issues were resolved as they did not wish to charge users for services which they were dissatisfied with. And thus, the new Reliance Jio Happy New Offer came into the picture. The new Reliance Jio Happy New Offer is all set to go live from next week onwards.
While Reliance Jio Welcome Offer was valid from September to the end of December, Reliance Jio happy New Year will be valid from 4th December 2016 to 31st March 2017. The reason this new offer was launched right in the middle of the Welcome Offer is that according to TRAI, no telecom operator can run any promotional offer for over 60 days. By extending the validity of the Reliance Jio Welcome offer till December 31st, Reliance violated these rules. Multiple mobile operators had complained to TRAI regarding the flouting of rules by Reliance Jio and thus, Reliance, in compliance with norms was forced to cut the Welcome offer to December 3rd. Right when the Welcome Offer ends, the Happy New Year offer begins. Under this new offer, Reliance Jio continues to be free. This means free calling, free SMS and free data for the duration of the offer. Additionally, users can also get the new Reliance Jio SIM card home delivered.
However, this home delivery process of the Reliance Jio SIM card isn’t simple. You cannot simply call a helpline number and demand the Jio SIM. The home delivery of the Welcome Offer Reliance Jio SIM card as well as the Happy New Year Reliance Jio SIM card is only on invitation. But then, how do you get the invite? And who will send it to you? Can anyone send the invite across? the questions are many. While there is no special way to obtain this invite, there is an elaborate procedure. The procedure will have to be carried out by all those who wish to get the SIM card home delivered – irrespective of which offer is running at that point of time. The documents required for validation stay the same – the Aadhaar card. Reliance Jio recently became the first ever mobile operator to cross over 50 million subscribers in 83 days – the achievement took the like of Airtel and Vodafone 12-13 years. But then, since the launch when we saw serpentine queues, the sheen of Reliance Jio has worn off and to keep up sales, the home delivery offer has been launched. Mukesh Ambani launches “Reliance Jio Happy New Year” offer – all services completely free till March 2017!
So if you are someone who has not yet gotten the Reliance Jio SIM card and wish to get the SIM card under the Happy New Year offer, then simply follow these steps. The Reliance Jio SIM home delivery offer which was initially restricted to only a few cities has now been expanded to all cities and regions in the country where there is Reliance Jio connectivity. While anyone with an Aadhaar card can get the Jio SIM, for home delivery, you need a local Aadhaar card – for example, you cannot be from Kerala and get the Jio SIM card delivered in Delhi – even though you might be residing in Delhi on rent for a considerable duration. Additionally, you need to first get the invitation and the wait for that might be long. But the advantages to the home delivery is that your Reliance Jio SIM card gets activated within 5 minutes. You need to fill the eKYC form which is a digital form, share your Aadhaar number and done. You have the Jio SIM and the connection. So, now, with no more fluff, here’s how you go about the process: Reliance Jio Happy New Year Offer gives free calling and data till March 31, 2017. Here’s the complete text of Mukesh Ambani’s speech
1. Register: You need to first visit the Reliance Jio website and register on the site. In order to register, follow the link given. Once you open the link, simply choose the option where you would like your Reliance Jio SIM card delivered. Once you choose the “Housing Complex” option, you will be redirected to another page.
2. Fill in your details: Once on the page, you will be asked a list of questions – like your name, bate of birth, complete address, contact details, etc. Once the form is filled up, you’re ready to go.
Note that this is process to be followed if you want to get the card delivered not only to yourself but also to your society or your office. This way, you can all register together. Keep the Aadhar card ready to show the personnel when he visits your society/office. He will check all the details, check your 4G compliant mobile phone and hand over the SIM card once you fill in the eKYC form. However, if you want a SIM card only for yourself, then the process is different. Here’s the process if you want it only for yourself:
1. Download the My Jio app: Download the My Jio app using either Android or iOS phone. Once you download the app, register on the app. You will get your My Jio Code once you register. Reliance Jio Airtel 4G war : Jio wins Round 1 over Airtel, Vodafone
2. Log into Reliance Jio: Using your My Jio code and the My Jio app credentials, sign up on Reliance Jio Website. Visit the website here and click on the login button on the top right corner of the webiste. Using the MyJio app credentials sign up for a account and register yourself.
3. Enter your details: Once signed up, enter all your details like name, address, contact details, etc. You will then have to share the My Jio Code. Once done, you are eligible to get an invitation to get the Reliance Jio SIM card home delivered. Set up the day, date and the time you want the card delivered to your doorstep.
Once the Reliance Jio personnel visits your residence, the procedure is the same as in above case. So then there. It’s easy to get your Reliance Jio happy New Year SIM Card although, you might want to wait it out a bit till the call drop and connectivity issues are resolved before applying for one finally.