Disney has produced some of the finest animated movies ever made, most their best movies all came out between 1989 and 1999 in what is called the Disney Renaissance. Though these movies don’t have fancy computer graphics they still have really good storylines and even better songs, after all who doesn’t love sing alongs. The best part about these movies are that despite being infantile, they appeal to adults just as much as children, it’s probably because in every adult there’s still a child (though not in a creepy way). Here is a list of what we consider to be the best Disney Animated Movies:
1) The Lion King (1994)- This is by far the best animated movie ever made. It’s basically the lion equivalent of Hamlet. It’s about a lion named Simba who runs away from his pride after believing he was responsible for his father Mufasa’s death. Scar, Mufasa’s brother was the one who actually killed him. Simba, the rightful king of pride rock must reclaim his throne from Scar because he is a disastrous ruler who alligned himself with the hyenas, the lion’s arch enemies. The movie has brilliant songs and extremely impressive visuals for a traditionally animated movie, it’s extremely touching at times and may bring out an occasional tear (except in men of course, men don’t cry). (Read: 9 coolest cartoons that carved our childhood)
2) Aladdin (1992)- This movie, set in the Middle East is based on an Arabic folk tale of Aladdin and the Magic Lamp (but it has a different name in Arabic of course) it’s the tale of a “street rat” named Aladdin and his change in fortune after he finds a magic lamp with a genie who can grant him 3 wishes, he also falls in love with Jasmine who is the Sultan’s daughter and tries to win he affections while Jafar the viceroy tries to overthrow the Sultan.
3) The Little Mermaid (1989)- This movie is about a mermaid named Ariel, the daughter on Triton the king of the sea. Being a teenage girl, she does what she’s forbidden to do, she makes contact with humans and falls in love with on. Mermaids these days I tell you.
4) Beauty and the Beast (1991)- It’s the story of a young lady named Belle who is wooed by Gastan an egotistical hunter she doesn’t like. She instead falls for a prince who has been turned into beast by a beautiful enchantress. It is considered to be a timeless classic and is based on a French fairy tale.
5) Tarzan (1999)- This movie is about Tarzan, a man raised by Gorillas (after his parents who were stranded in Africa were killed by a leopard named Sabor)who falls in love with Jane the daughter of an explorer called Professor Porter accompanied by Clayton. This movie has great songs.