“Sequels are usually an attempt to cash in on the success of the original movie” – Andrew Jacquet. While some are pretty good, most are rubbish and obvious attempts to make money without consideration for how fans would feel or how it would affect people’s opinions about the entire franchise. Here is a list of sequels which we feel were not only pretty bad, but also a disgrace to the original movie:
1) Terminator 3 Rise of the Machines (2003) and Terminator Salvation (2009)- While the first 2 Terminator movies were flawless masterpieces of cinema, the third, despite superior special effects had a lot to be desired in terms of fight sequences. The story was rather predictable and the writers missed ample opportunities to make the film as good as it’s predecessors. Terminator Salvation was even worse. (Read: 3 of the best movies sequels ever)
2) Indiana Jones Kingdom and the of the Crystal Skull (2008)- While calling the movie bad would be a bit unfair, the movie is just sad, not in terms of storyline or effects both of which are acceptable but rather watching Indiana Jones growing old. Also, aliens don’t belong in an Indiana Jones movie, even if the people in Ancient Astronauts try and tell you otherwise. The first and third movies of the Indiana Jones franchise were classics, and the second, though not great was still good, the fourth part seems to have come out a bit too late.
3) Final Destination 4 (2009)- This movie is extremely similar to the previous three in the series, there’s hardly any changes. The first movie, Final Destination was unique, the second and third were acceptable but the fourth got to be too much, don’t even get started with the fifth part.
4) The Lion King 2: Simba’s Pride (1998)- The Lion King is arguably the best Disney movie ever made, and that’s really saying something. The Lion King 2 however is the most forgettable movie ever made, sandwiched between two brilliant productions (The Lion King 1 1/2 was also really good) It’s a lot like the mediocre middle sibling that the parents don’t really care about.
5) Dabangg 2 (2012)- While Dabangg was and still is one of Salman Khan’s greatest hits, Dabangg 2 has a lot to be desired, it just for some reason lacks the badassery and the originality that Dabangg brought to the table, and while it wasn’t random like Jai Ho it still isn’t comparable to most other Salman movies.