Well, it is Priyanka Chopra’s birthday and she is 32 now, only 32 we meant. Born in Jamshedpur on July 18, 1982 she has been one of the trendy actresses of the contemporary Indian cinema. Priyanka affectionately called as Piggy Chops (she now feels it is boring) has not been less than an all-rounder as she has a Miss World Pageant in her kitty, is a singer and of course an actor.
As the actress celebrates her birthday here we are with some of the interesting things about her.
1) Her parents were both physicians in the Indian Army and that meant she had to move a lot in her childhood days from Delhi to Leh for instance. At 13 she travelled aboard to live with her aunt in the US and attended schools in Massachusetts and Iowa.
2) Like every other child she too had an ambition and no that was not to be a Bollywood actress but to become an engineer or criminal psychologist.
3) Priyanka’s mother Madhu Chopra opined her to go for Femina Miss India contest of 2000, after which she went on win Miss World crown.
4) She took admission in Mumbai’s Jai Hind College during Miss World contest and to chase her career in Bollywood she later left the college.
5) In her debut movie ‘Hero: Love Story of a Spy’she was paired as second lead opposite Sunny Deol. She was likely to make her debut in Abbas Mustan’s ‘Humraaz’, but things did not go as planned and her role was assignedto Ameesha Patel then.
6) Her movie ‘What’s Your Raashee?’ may have slumped at the box office but Priyanka played 12 characters in that movie which is a record in itself.
7) Priyanka has ‘Daddy’s Little Girl’ inked on her right wrist. What’s special is that the tattoo is in her late father, Dr Ashok Chopra’s handwriting.
8) It was co-star Abhishek Bachchan who nicknamed her Piggy Chops. Her friends also call her PeeCee, Sunshine and Mimi.
9) In 2009 PeeCee casted her foot impressions in Italy’s Salvatore Ferragamo museum and became the first actress to do so.
Happy birthday, Priyanka Chopra!