Reliance Jio Infocomm Limited, also known as Jio is the newest provider of broadband services, mobile telephony and digital services in India. The term 'Jio' means to live in Hindi. The main aim of Jio is to provide maximum data to every citizen of the country at the lowest rates possible. Reliance Jio will be providing 4G services using LTE technology on a pan-India level. Reliance owner Mukesh Ambani had plans to connect upto 90% of Indian population by March 2017 and he has succeeded in making the venture very successful. The beta service for Jio's partners and employees was launched on December 2015 and it formally launched its service from September 5, 2016. After being in the beta version and extending its free preview offer to virtually every 4G compatible handset in the country, Mukesh Ambani formally launched Reliance Jio on September 1, 2016, at the company annual general meeting (AGM). After the initial success, Mukesh Ambani on 21 July, 2017 at the AGM, launched a Reliance Jio 4G Volte phone and plan at an effective price of Rs 0 (zero) and free calls. A consumer needs to pay a refundable amount of Rs 1,500 upfront, which will be refunded after usage of three years of the plan. ALSO READ: Reliance JioPhone pre-booking starts from August 24; here's everything you need to know. | Bonus Share of 1:1 Announced For Reliance Shareholders, Mukesh Ambani Says it’s the Largest of All Times.
WATCH RELIANCE AGM 2017 HERE:
Mukesh Ambani, the chairman of Reliance Industries launched Jio and dedicated Jio services to India aiming the Digital India dream of Prime Minister Narendra Modi. Reliance Jio covers 18,000 cities and 2,00,000 villages and the main mission of Jio is to take India from data shortage to data abundance. With free voice calls and no roaming charge, the main five pillars of Jio services include - Network, Devices, Content, Service and Tariff.
1. Network: Jio network has only 4G network and is the largest only 4G network as well as largest VoLTE network in the world. The Jio network will cover 90 percent of India's population by March 2017 and the IP design makes Jio the most extensive and futureproof in the world. With the lowest data rates in the world, Jio is future ready and can be easily upgraded to support even more data.
2. Devices: With more than 70% of smartphones in India being 4GLTE enabled and minimum cost of a 4G enabled phone being Rs 4,000 Reliance announced new Lyf devices starting at Rs 2,999 upto Rs 5,999. 4GLTE JioFi router is also launched at Rs 1,999.
3. Content: Access to 300 plus channels will be offered by Jio TV and Jio TV will have a library of 6,000 movies and 1,00,000 episodes of TV shows whereas Jio music has 10 million songs and Jio Money allows the users to go cashless. Apart from this Jio also has group of magazines and newspapers. This Jio's bouquet of apps consisting of content is worth of Rs 15,000 but all the services are available for free upto December 31, 2017.
4. Services: The services will be provided at a very less time as compared to other service operators. With the motto of making the on-boarding experience as simple as possible, Jio will provide its users with a working connection with Aadhar card in just 15 Minutes. Jio also has the capacity to acquire a million users a day.
5. Tarrif: With the motto of customer first, Jio tarrifs are very reasonable keeping the Indian audience in mind. The Jio customers will pay only for the service and the voice calls and messages from Jio to any other network. There won't be any roaming charges across India as well. The data charges of Jio are the lowest rates for 4G data in the world. Jio will be charging 1/10th of the current market rates with 5 paise per MB or Rs 50 per GB. There will be 10 simple tariff plans and Jio will not have any blackout dates.The international calling rates will also be the lowest and students will be able to get 25 percent more data on Jio's main tariffs.
The Rs 5,000 crore venture will be rolling out fibre to the home wireline network and has 5,00,000 partners across India and has created jobs for 50,00,000 people. The company also has set the target of 100 million Reliance Jio customers and to create a new world record with the highest number of network subscribers in the world.