Travel tips from Deepika Gumaste who quit her job to travel the world!
Deepika Gumaste quit her job to become a full-time traveler. Here's how she did it.
| Published: June 17, 2016 8:21 PM IST
Published: June 17, 2016 8:21 PM IST | Updated: June 17, 2016 8:21 PM IST
Traveling around the world and getting paid for it certainly sounds like a dream come true but it sure involves a lot of hard work and dedication. The path isn’t always rosy and long journeys can be tiring. But when you are passionate about something, none of these matter. Travel blogger Deepika Gumaste’s story is an inspiring one as she quit her corporate job to follow her dream of traveling the world.
Being born in a family of nerds who loved exploring the world, Deepika had itchy feet pretty early in life but career did come in the way. However, after a five-year stint in the corporate world and a health scare that compelled her to take a sabbatical, she finally decided to live her dream. Today, Deepika is a well-known name in the travel blogging circuit and has checked off several destinations from her bucket list. With different travel experiences in her kitty, she made the perfect fit to get some travel advice from. We did a twinterview with her on Twitter and asked her for tips and anecdotes from her travels. Excerpts from the interview:
1. The one place you’d never get bored of visiting
2. Five things you never leave home without
3. Three reasons you’d go back to a destination you’ve already visited
4. Must-do things when in Spain
5. Favorite souvenir items that you love collecting from the places you visit
6. Your tip to save money to travel more in life
7. Your advice to people who want to quit their job to travel the world
8. A travel book that sparked your wanderlust
9. Most romantic couple travel destination according to you
10. Any fear you’ve overcome by traveling the world
11. Your most memorable train journey in India
12. Your favorite travel quote
For more on Deepika’s travel journeys, visit her blog at feetonthemap.com
Have interesting travel photos you’d like to share with us? Send photos from your travels to firstname.lastname@example.org, don’t forget to mention where you’ve shot the picture and get a chance to be featured on our website! So what are you waiting for? Hurry!
Have something to add to this story? Post your comments in the discussion board below; we will be thrilled to hear from you!