New Delhi: Family members of Government employees are entitled to receive a payment of ex-gratia lump sum compensation if the staff dies during the official duty, according to an Office Memorandum issued by Department of Pension and Pensioners Welfare. On death of a government employee, payment of other lump sum amounts, such as death gratuity, General Provident Fund (GPF), is made accordance with the nominations made by government servant during service, the Office Memorandum stated.Also Read - 7th Pay Commission: Good News For Govt Employees, Their Annual Salary to Increase by Rs 95,000. Check Calculation Here
- To avail such benefits, government employees must fill a form and mentioned the nominee. In this regard, The Common Nomination Form in Form 1 appended to the CCS (Pension) Rules, 1972 has been amended to include the nomination in respect of the ex-gratia lump sum payment, according to the Office Memorandum.
- The central government employees must remember that since the ex-gratia lump sum payment is payable to the family only, no nomination can be made in favour of a person who is not a family member, even where the government servant has no family, the Office Memorandum reads.
- If no nomination has been or the nomination made by the government employee does not subsist, the ex-gratia lump sum compensation will be shared equally by all eligible family members, as in the case of Gratuity, according to the Office Memorandum.
Form 1 is a Common Nomination Form for Gratuity, General Provident Fund, Central Government Employees’ Group Insurance Scheme and Ex-gratia Lump Sum Compensation. Also Read - 7th Pay Commission: Centre Makes Big Announcement on Monthly Basic Salary of Govt Employees | Details Here
Also Read - 7th Pay Commission: Good News For Govt Employees. They Are Likely to Receive Another 3% DA Hike in January 2022
- The government employees need to fill details such as Name, Date of Birth and Address of the nominee under column 1.
- Relationship with employee or pensioner under column 2.
- Share to be paid each under column 3.
- If nominee is minor, name, DOB and address of person who may receive the amount on behalf of minor under column 4.
- Name, DOB, Relationship and address of alternate nominee under column (1) predeceases the employee or pensioner under column 5.
- Share to be paid each under column 6.
- Name, DOB and address of person who may receive the amount if alternate nominee in column 5 is a minor under column 7.
- Contingency on happening of which nomination shall become invalid under column 8.