Aadhaar Card Update: The Aadhaar number is issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). Aadhaar Card, a 12-digit unique identification number is issued by the Government of India to every citizen in the country. In today’s digital era, the Aadhaar card plays a vital role in every official work. Starting from banking operations to any kind of online transactions, you need an Aadhaar card for every business in life.Also Read - Aadhaar Card Update: Don’t Like Your photo in Aadhaar Card? Here’s How to Change it
But what if by mistake you provide some wrong information, or if you want to update the information provided in the Aadhaar card, for example, your Date of Birth (DOB)? Recently, UIDAI released a list of documents that will support your verification while updating your Date of Birth (DOB). It is to be noted that the Aadhaar card can be updated either through online mode or by visiting the nearest Aadhaar Card Centre.
UIDAI posted on Twitter, “DoB (Date of Birth) Proof is the document that has your date of birth. You can use any of these documents for updating your Date of Birth in your #Aadhaar. Follow the link to see all the DoB Proof documents accepted by #UIDAI https://uidai.gov.in/images/commdoc/valid_documents_list.pdf.
Aadhaar Card: List of Details You Can Update Online
- Name of the candidate
- Date of Birth(DOB)
If you want to make changes other than the ones mentioned above, then you must visit the nearest Aadhaar Card Seva Kendra.
Aadhaar Card: Documents Required to Change/Update Date of Birth
Here is a list of acceptable supporting documents for verification
- Birth Certificate
- PAN Card/e-PAN
- Service photo identity card issued by Central Govt./State Govt./UT Govt./PSU/Banks
- Photo ID card having Date of Birth, issued by Recognized Educational Institution
- Transgender ID card/ Certificate issued under the Transgender Persons (Protection of Right) Act, 2019
- Marksheet issued by any recognized Government Board or University.
- School Leaving Certificate (SLC)/ School Transfer Certificate (TC)/ Extract of School Records issued by
Head of School/ SSLC book/ SSC certificate containing Name and Date of Birth.
- Central/ State Pension Payment Order.
- CGHS/ ECHS/ Medi-Claim Card issued by Centre/ State/ UTs Govts./ PSUs having with Photo & Date of Birth.
- Valid Long Term Visa (LTV) along with Foreign Passport (valid or expired) of origin country issued to minorities communities of Afghanistan, Bangladesh and Pakistan namely Hindus, Sikhs, Buddhists, Jain, Parsis and Christians.
- Exception cases of DoB Change: Resident to submit self-declaration as per notified format.
Step By Step Guide to Update Details Online
- Step 1: Visit the official website of UIDAI at uidai.gov.in Or you can also paste this link: https://uidai.gov.in/ on the google chrome address bar.
- Step 2: Now click on the ‘Update Aadhaar’ option.
- Step 3: Enter their 12-digit unique Aadhaar card number as well as captcha.
- Step 4: Click ‘Send OTP’ to proceed
- Step 5: Enter a one-time password sent to your registered mobile number with Aadhaar and hit ‘Login’
- Step 6: Select the field you wish to update online from the following screen.
How to Update Details By Visiting Enrolment Centre
- Fill out the form.
- Visit the nearest Aadhaar enrolment Centre.
- Fill the correction form.
- Attach the supporting documents.
- Now submit the form at the Aadhaar card centre.
In case of any problem, while downloading an Aadhaar card, you can easily talk to UIDAI’s customer care by dialing the Toll-Free number— 1947 or mail your queries at — firstname.lastname@example.org.