New Delhi, Jun 30: Aadhaar card linking with PAN has to be done today as it is the last day, a circular issued by the Central Board of Direct Taxes states. As per the rule that came last year, those who fail to link their Aadhaar with PAN card will not be able to file Income Tax Return (ITR) this year. Earlier the deadline to link Aadhaar and PAN Card was March 31, 2018 but was later extended. Also Read - Placed Aadhaar Reprint Request, But Did Not Get The SRN? Don't Panic, Here's Your Solution
All You Need to Know
- Filing of Income Tax Return (ITR) will not be possible without Aadhaar-PAN link. Last date to file ITR is July 31.
- Those who file the ITR after July 31 will be penalised Rs 5,000 whereas, if the same is filed after December 31, 2018, the penalty will escalate up to Rs 10,000.
- The Aadhaar-PAN linking may not happen if there is a mismatch in your name on both the ID proofs.
- After you submit your details for the linking of Aadhaar card with PAN, a One Time Password (OTP) will be sent on your registered mobile number for verification.
- A major mistake on the Aadhaar card can be rectified by going on to the official website of Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). The details can be edited through ‘Update Aadhaar Details’.
- If there is a mistake in your PAN card then you will have to visit the nearest PAN card service provider.
How to Link Aadhaar Card With PAN
STEP 1: Log in to the website of the Income Tax Department using your username and password Also Read - Who is a Senior Citizen? What Are The Income Tax Benefits For Them? All You Need to Know
STEP 2: Go to ‘Profile Setting’ and click on “Link Aadhaar” option. Also Read - Aadhaar Card Latest Update: How to Register, Update Mobile Number in Aadhaar, Can it be Done Online? Why is it Required?
STEP 3: You will see details such as date of birth and gender already filled in the box.
STEP 4: Fill in your Aadhaar card number and captcha code and submit “Link now” button
STEP 5: A message will show Aadhaar and PAN card has been successfully linked.
It is advised to link Aadhaar card with PAN at the earliest.