New Delhi: Have you not linked your mobile number to Aadhaar yet? As per the order passed by the Supreme Court, linking Aadhaar with your mobile number has become mandatory. The main aim behind this step is to mitigate and filter out the connections issued on fake documents.Also Read - Aadhaar Card Update: Here’s How You Can Apply For Baal Aadhaar Card Sitting at Home | Follow Step-by-step Guide Here
Mobile subscribers should know that linking Aadhaar to mobile number can be done easily through OTP (online) or by visiting the service centre (offline). Those who have already linked their mobile numbers with Aadhar card can re-verify it through OTP and people who are yet to link their mobile number with Aadhaar card will have to adopt an offline process and visit an Aadhaar Kendra. Also Read - Aadhaar Card Update: Here’s How to Secure Identity by Locking, Unlocking Aadhaar | Step-by-step Guide Here
Here’s how to link Aadhaar with a mobile number through OTP.
- Make a call to 14546
- Make a choice between Indian or NRI
- On the call, you will have to give consent to link Aadhaar with your phone number by pressing 1
- After that, you need to provide your Aadhaar number and press 1 to confirm
- You will receive an OTP on your mobile phone
- Then you need to enter your phone number
- You will be asked to give consent to your operator to pick your name, photo and date of birth from UIDAI database
- Enter the OTP you received on SMS
- Press 1 to complete the Aadhaar-mobile number re-verification process
- If you hold another phone number, you can link that too by pressing 2 and following the steps provided by the IVR system
How to link Aadhaar with mobile number by visiting the outlet
- Provide a self-attested copy of your Aadhaar card with your mobile number.
- You will get an OTP on the mobile number which you want to get linked.
- Aadhaar executive will verify your OTP.
- Submit your finger impression.
- A confirmation SMS will be received on your mobile number.
- Type ‘Y’ and tap send to complete the e-KYC process.
Earlier in June, the UIDAI had notified that over 14,000 Aadhhar Seva Kendra run by state governments, post offices, banks and BSNL became operational. Notably, the Aadhaar seva kendras were shut during the lockdown period from March 25. Only towards the end of May, some Aadhaar seva kendras gradually started functioning Also Read - Aadhaar Card Update: You Can Easily Download Aadhaar Card Without Registered Phone Number | Check Step-by-step Here
Taking to microblogging site Twitter, UIDAI, Aadhaar-issuing authority said,”Important announcement: As on date, over 14,000 #AadhaarKendra run by state govts, post offices, banks, BSNL are operational across the country (details: https://appointments.uidai.gov.in/easearch.aspx) We’re in touch with local administrations for permission to restart operations at other centres ASAP.”