Aadhar Card Update: What Is Blue Aadhar Card? Know How To Get It Here
Aadhar Card Update: Blue Baal Aaadhar card does not contain any information related to the fingerprints of the child. After a child crosses the age of 5, it becomes mandatory to update these details with the UIDAI.
New Delhi: Aadhar cards have been provided by the government as unique proofs of identity for the citizens of India. Presently, Aadhar cards and numbers have been made important to avail services of banks and other civic institutions. For children below the age of 5, the government has launched ‘Blue Aadhar Cards’.
The cards issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) contain a 12-digit unique identification number assigned to an individual. Similarly, Blue Aadhar Card will also carry a 12-digit number for children below 5 years of age. It will become invalid once the child crosses the age of 5.
You may like to read
Usually, Aadhar Card also contains the details of fingerprints and retina of the cardholder. This ensures that one number is used by one individual only. However, the Blue baal Aaadhar card does not contain any such information. After a child grows up and crosses the age of 5, it becomes mandatory to update the details and incorporate the fingerprints with the UIDAI.
According to a report by Jagran, UIDAI allows the card to be used as a valid document proof for enrollment in schools. Generally, a birth certificate is used by the parents during school admissions.
How To Get Blue Aadhar Card? Step-By-Step Guide Here
- Parents need to visit the nearby Aadhar card enrollment centre along with the necessary documents. These include address proof and birth certificate of the child.
- Then, they need to fill out the application form and attach the documents along with it. They also have to provide their own Aaadhar information.
- They need to fill in a mobile number for the purpose of registration of Blue baal Aadhar Card.
- Then, a photo of the child will be clicked at the enrollment centre. This photo will be carried on the Aadhar card.
- The documents will be verified and after proper verification, a text message will be received on the above-mentioned mobile number confirming the same.
- The Baal Aadhar card will be issued within 60 days of verification.
For breaking news and live news updates, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram. Read more on Latest Business News on India.com.