Air India Revamp: New Flight App, Strategy For Better OTP on Anvil. Things to Expect
According to sources, on the anvil are the likely introduction of a flight App developed by TCS for passengers and staff.
New Delhi: As the disinvestment process for Air India comes to an end and the Tatas take back the control of national carrier, it is set for major revamp in service standards as well as introduction of new passenger friendly amenities, reports news agency IANS.
According to sources, on the anvil are the likely introduction of a flight App developed by TCS for passengers and staff. Besides, implementation of new strategies to improve the airline’s OTP (On Time Performance) standards are also on cards.
You may like to read
The government formally handed over the airline to Tata group today, nearly four months after the salt-to-software conglomerate outbid a consortium led by SpiceJet chief Ajay Singh.
Things to expect regarding the Air India revamp:
- Apart from operational standards, improvements are expected to take place in in-flight services such as more choices of meals.
- Notably, the aim is to improve the overall passenger experience on at least a few domestic and international flights to begin with.
- Furthermore, group employees from other entities are expected to be sent to Air India on deputation to oversee the implementation of these plans.
- Additionally, new board members would be roped in to give strategic direction to the airline.
- At present, management control of national carrier Air India is set to be handed over to a subsidiary of Tata Sons.
(With inputs from IANS)
For breaking news and live news updates, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram. Read more on Latest Business News on India.com.