New Delhi, July 3: E-commerce giant Amazon India is all geared up for its Prime Day Sale that starts July 11. Already a hit in other countries, the Amazon Prime Day is an exclusive 30 hours sale open only for Amazon’s Prime members. The sale is the new talk in the talk as it witnesses exclusive launches from top brands, new video releases, blockbuster deals and much more. As per details on the website, more brands will be revealed on July 5 while the sale will start at 6 PM on July 10. If any individual wants to avail benefits of this sale, he/she will have to begin with joining Prime at just Rs 499 per year.Also Read - Amazon Bribery Allegations: Company Says 'We Take Them Seriously, Investigate Them Fully'. Full Statement Here
The first ever Amazon Prime Day was first held on 15 July 2015 in US, UK, France, Italy, Canada, Germany and Spain; to celebrate 20 years of success in the online shopping space. In 2015, customers had ordered 34.4 million items across Prime-eligible countries worldwide, with 398 orders placed per second. Orders had grown by 266% on that single sale day, which was 18% higher than on Black Friday 2014; and this was an event meant exclusively for Prime customers. Also Read - Amazon Mobile Savings Days Sale 2021: Buy Apple iPhone XR at Rs 42,999, OnePlus Nord 2 at Rs 29,999, Rs 13800 Off on OnePlus 9
Also Read - Amazon Great Freedom Festival 2021: Sale Ends on August 9; Check Offer Prices, Categories And More
Later, on 12 July 2016, the second Amazon Prime Day broke its own records with Amazon reporting that the orders had surpassed Prime Day 2015 by more than 50% in the U.S alone and by more than 60% worldwide. Amazon products including Fire TV, Kindle e-reader, Fire Tablet and Alexa-enabled devices had made record-breaking sales.
Benefits for Prime users:
- Shoppers who take advantage of the Prime Day sale will also be awarded additional benefits of 15% cashback offers on maximum purchase of Rs 2000.
- A Prime member you get access to a number of benefits apart from unlimited, free and faster deliveries, some of them being.
- Unlimited and instant access to latest and exclusive movies, TV shows and Prime music (Hotstar charges Rs 199/ month and Netflix charges Rs 500/month, while Amazon Prime Video gives more relevant content for Indian audiences)
- 30-minute early access to top Lightning Deals
- Access to Kindle books lending library
- As far as the Indian Amazon Prime Day is concerned only time will tell whether it will truly be an annual sale day to look forward to, or will it be just another sale day full of marked up MRPs.
- Under the Amazon Prime subscription which only costs Rs 499 per year, there are a slew of benefits. Prime members get their orders delivered at doorstep within 24 to 48 hours.
In just two years, the words: Amazon Prime Day had achieved a search volume of 10 million worldwide. Prime Day has now reached India, China and Mexico this year. In addition to being 30 hours of crazy deals and exclusive launches, Amazon Prime Day also aims to raise the bar of expectations of an online shopper when it comes to delivery. By seducing its customers to sign up for Prime membership, and getting them hooked on to faster deliveries, Amazon is upping the bar for other e-commerce sites and at the same time hoping to turn its own non-profitable logistics into a cost-effective endeavour.